(5) Practice Hours
Stat Tracking Software
50% Off Private Lessons
(1) 60-Minute Private Lesson
(3) Swing Checkup (Video Analysis with Trackman Data)
(5) Practice Hours
Stat Tracking Software
50% Off Private Lessons
golf training programs have been featured on:
INNOVATIVE GOLF TRAINING PROGRAMS
It is our goal at Golf Performance Group (GPG) to give all golfers access to premium tools necessary to improve their game, at an affordable cost. Research has proven, golf is the “worst trained sport”. With your GPG academy membership you will learn how to TRAIN SMARTER, through our strategic, systematic approach to game improvement.
PGA Director of Instruction, JJ Wood has experience playing and coaching at the highest level. JJ has taken what he has learned from his experiences and applied the core principles and concepts used by the best golfers in the world, to develop training programs specific to all ability levels. When you sign up for the academy, we include an initial game assessment to develop the perfect practice plan for you! Our practice groups are segmented by age and ability level. Each week we have a practice to address a specific aspect of your game: full swing, short game, putting, on-course management and more!
If you are like most golfers, and feel like traditional golf instruction keeps you spinning in circles, please see below for the best option for you to get started with GPG!
GAME ASSESSMENT Every golfer starts with an assessment of their game. An assessment is necessary to establish a baseline and track your progress.
The Trackman Combine is included with the Golf Academy Membership to assign you to the appropriate practice group and develop the perfect practice plan for you!
CUSTOM PLAN FOR YOU at the end of your game assessment, your coach will provide you with a game improvement plan specific to your situation. We love teaching beginners to professionals. Our game improvement system is tailored to age and ability level.
GOLF LESSON SERVICES A LA CARTE:
Frequently asked questions
You have probably taken private lessons with video analysis and maybe even Trackman. We do provide this service, but why most golfers do not improve is because they do not have an understanding of how to apply it on the golf course. Group practices allows us the opportunity to share our experiences of playing and coaching at the highest level through skill development and performance strategies. We do this through coaching (not instructing) at Group Training practices. Each practice is strategically designed to fit the age and ability level of the group.
Golfers on the basic membership receive practice hours that can be used for supervised practices or for reserving the practice bay in the golf indoor studio. Virtual golf is also available in the practice bay so you can play over 40 of the top courses in the world. This allows players access to premium resources to improve their game and work on their game during bad weather or beat the heat during the summer months!
- Supervised Practice – there will be a coach with a practice plan tailored to all ages and ability levels. Click “practice in the menu” to see class times.. Beginners should stick to the beginner classes until the coach feels the player is proficient at the fundamentals
- Indoor practice bay – students can use their hours to reserve the indoor practice bay and use all of our tools to work on their game. This is a great option if you can’t make the supervised practice, or want to train like the pro’s in addition to the supervised practice!
- Indoor Performance Practice – included with the performance membership, golfers serious about improving their game gain access to a swing analysis weekly to check their progress along with practice plans and drills at each practice. These practices will be held at the indoor studio.
- Junior Academy – Please see junior academy page
The traditional golf lesson model is 1-hour private lessons focused on golf swing technique. We believe in player development, which includes skill development (team training practices) and providing all the premium resources to ensure you reach your goals. Private lessons are included in most packages to ensure you are always refining your swing techniques – but that is only a part of the improvement process.
The benefit of the performance membership is that you get a private swing analysis at each practice. Your coach will film your swing and post it on your CoachNow private locker. This is a huge benefit to ensure the golfer is practicing and progressing from what he worked on during his monthly private lesson.
Yes, you do NOT have to be a member at Northgate CC. We do provide additional discounts to Northgate Members.
The Trackman launch monitor is the official launch monitor of the PGA Tour.
The Dual Radar Technology enables even more data to be captured. Due to its focused, high-resolution radar beam, the TrackMan 4 launch monitor provides the user with the greatest detail and accuracy of the club and ball at the moment of impact. The amount of detail achieved in the club delivery and ball flight is greatly superior to what is possible through Single Radar Technology.
This advancement provides the perfect foundation for analysis and diagnosis. Conclusive data is delivered in an easy-to-understand format, empowering golfers to excel in their training routines.
Don’t guess what you can measure.
For all private lessons and group practices, you will meet at the indoor golf studio, located on the second floor of the tennis building at Northgate Country Club. You will see the building once you arrive in the main parking lot, next to the tennis courts.
Coaches are available 7-days per week, with each coach having over 30 hours of available lesson spots open each week. You can book your lesson at a time that fits your schedule.
This is a more affordable option for most people. Golfers do not improve with one lesson or swing tip. We have done the research and golfers need 3-months minimum to improve their game to lower scores.
- Academy memberships are 2-month memberships (minimum)
- Academy membership pricing applies to all player practice groups
- Golfers must provide 30-day notice to cancel academy membership.
- If academy member goes over their allotted hours, 50% off discount will be applied to any golf lesson activity booked.
- Practice hours and academy benefits may be used by any immediate family member or “companion”!
If you are still unsure where to start send us an email